Kernel devel package

Alfredo De Luca alfredo.deluca at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 23:49:32 UTC 2011

Hi all.

We have Linux with kernel 2.6.18-238.9.1.0.1.el5 and I am trying to install
a new ixgbe driver and when I run make install it says the following:

kefile:75: *** Kernel header files not in any of the expected locations.
Makefile:76: *** Install the appropriate kernel development package, e.g.
Makefile:77: *** kernel-devel, for building kernel modules and try again.
 Stop.

Now for sure this error comes from not having the kernel-devel package but I
tried to fin it everywhere with no luck.

It should be kenel-devel-2.6.18-238.9.1.0.1.el5. Dose anyone where to
download it or an alternative way to compile the package?

Cheers

--
*Alfredo*