FTP Question

Jeff Poling jpoling at moody.edu
Thu Jun 16 20:54:09 UTC 2011

I have a RHEL 4 system.  A user outside of our network previously was able to FTP to the system.  Now he is not.  The log shows the following:

2011 Jun 15 13:23:48 myserver [authpriv.notice] vsftpd: pam_unix(vsftpd:auth): authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty=ftp ruser=myuser rhost=1.1.1.1   user=myuser

If I log in as the user from on our network, it works just fine.

What do I need to check to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeffrey Poling
System Administrator | Information Systems
Moody Bible Institute
820 N. LaSalle Blvd., Chicago, IL 60610
312-329-8968
www.moodyministries.net<http://www.moodyministries.net>