slow "KVM Host" in EL6 ?

Dmitry Makovey dmitry at athabascau.ca
Thu May 12 21:03:15 UTC 2011

Hi everybody,

we have some weird problem with EL6 box which serves as a KVM host for 3 VMs
currently. It shares the same interface with all 3 VMs (same network). All
works, except from time to time machine behaves very slow in console (ok, SSH
connection) and it happens only from time to time.

We've got vnstat running on that box. There is no sign of network overload so
far. Average load never crosses 1 (actually it's in 0.2 neighbourhood) so
we're really at loss.

Did anybody experience something similar? Any suggestions on where to look?

--
Dmitry Makovey
Web Systems Administrator