Network : Bridge over bonding

Thierry Leurent thierry.leurent at asgardian.be
Thu Sep 22 07:01:16 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm configuring a server to use KVM.
I want to have a redundant network connection. I a first time, I have
create a bonding with eth0 and eth1. It's work but now I want install a
bridge to use KVM and build a guest computer with an ip address in my
normal address space (not NATed).

But the bonding don't work. IFConfig give me informations about brigde0
and lo.
cat /proc/net/bonding/bond0 tell me that eth0 and eth1 are down.

/etc/syscnfig/networking/ifcfg-brigde0 is
DEVICE=bridge0
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Bridge
IPADDR=128.1.40.144
NETMASK=255.255.0.0
GATEWAY=128.1.10.100
DNS1=128.1.10.110
DNS2=128.1.10.116
BOOTPROTO=static
IPV6INIT=no
USERCTL=no
DELAY=0

/etc/syscnfig/networking/ifcfg-bond0 is
DEVICE=bond0
USERCTL=no
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes
BONDING_OPTS="mode=1 primary=eth0 miimon=100"
BRIDGE=bridge0

/etc/syscnfig/networking/ifcfg-eth0 is
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=none
HWADDR=BC:30:5B:E4:AC:DF
MTU=1500
NM_CONTROLLED=no
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
IPV6INIT=no
USERCTL=no
SLAVE=yes
MASTER=bond0

/etc/syscnfig/networking/ifcfg-eth1 is

DEVICE=eth1
HWADDR=BC:30:5B:E4:AC:E1
NM_CONTROLLED=no
ONBOOT=yes
BOOTPROTO=none
TYPE=Ethernet
IPV6INIT=no
USERCTL=no
SLAVE=yes
MASTER=bond0

I have add "GATEWAYDEV=bridge0" in my /etc/sysconfig/network. But notinhg
is changing.

Thanks

--
Thierry Leurent