Update: Oracle X2-4 not showing all drives

Clift, Tom CIV NSWCDD, K55 robert.clift at navy.mil
Fri Dec 21 15:06:30 UTC 2012

 I got a few responses about the hardware (Oracle X2-4) having raid (mirror) setup by default.  I am looking into that now but but here is some information on the Redhat install. The system has two(2) 300GB scsi hard drives.

Looks like the default RedHat install builds Physical Volume on /dev/sda2 of size 298GB. Then a Volume Group is created on the PV. Then two Logical Volumes are created on the VG and they are sized 143GB and 137GB.

Root is then install on LogVol00 and swap on LogVol01. A 100MB /boot partition is created on /dev/sda1.

PV=/dev/sda2(298GB) --->   VG=PV   --->  LV=2 Logical Volumes(140GB each)   ---> "/" on LogVol00 and "swap" on LogVol01

If you are just seeing this for the first time, my problem is not being able to see the other disk drive in the system from the RedHat OS. I do see the drive at boot time during the hardware devices discovery.

Thanks in advance,