adding to fstab

Adam Yates yates at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Aug 14 20:22:39 UTC 2013

I concur with all of the suggestions to use blkid. I've had it come back
to bite me a number of times in large volume sets (raid or lvm).
I've taken drives out of machines and forgotten which order they were
in. Using the UUID this will not matter unlike if you reference the
physical path /dev/{s,h}dX. I've also had things like usb drives
or usb keyboards shift the physical path a letter or two and this
causes absolute mayhem on things like file servers.

Adam