RHEL Load Balancer Add-on vs KeepAlived

Dimitar Georgievski mitkany at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 00:24:09 UTC 2014

Hello,

I've started reviewing HA solution for HAProxy and trying to decide between
RHEL HA Add-on and KeeAlived. Just curious if anyone had a chance to use
any of these technologies in a production environment? I would love to
learn what your experience with these technologies is in terms of
management, scaling, troubleshooting, and monitoring.

I am leaning towards RHEL Add-on at the moment because a better
documentation, simpler architecture, set-up and management. This project
also appears to me to be more active compared to KeepAlived, but I might be
wrong.

Thanks,

Dimitar