nagios installation

Florez, Nestor NFlorez at sdcwa.org
Thu Jul 24 15:52:24 UTC 2014

HI All,

I am trying to install Nagios on my RHEL 5.10 but I get an

   “conflict error between php-common and php53-common”,

When I do this command:

# yum install nagios nagios-devel nagios-plugins-all

I tried removing php-common but it says that
     “php-common is available but not installed.”

I was able to yum install nagios, nagios-devel, nagios-plugins and nrpe using
separate commands.  When I do a “yum install nagios-plugins*” I get the
error message.  I installed all the puglins I think I need but using a separate yum install command.

I installed it on a server about 9 years ago and did not have this problems.

I follow the instructions on this page from RHEL:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux_OpenStack_Platform/5/html/Installation_and_Configuration_Guide/sect-Configure_Nagios.html

On section 13.2 in Table 13.1 it show an Objects directory and some files, need to be there.

This files were not created on my system.

IS it OK to just manually create this directory?

I run nagios /usr/sbin/nagios –v /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg
And I get no errors but 1 warning
      Warning: Size of service_message struct (8376 bytes) is > POSIX-guaranteed
    atomic write size (512 bytes).  Service checks results may get lost or mangled!

When I run my local apache server and I go to http://localhost/
I get nothing…..

Any ideas?????????
Né§t☼r  Authority gone to one's head is the greatest enemy of Truth