Local YUM repo

Jonathan Billings jsbillin at umich.edu
Mon Oct 13 12:30:59 UTC 2014

You can use a RH Satellite and/or Proxy to solve this problem, but it does
cost more.

I've used Pulp for this kind of situation (http://www.pulpproject.org/).
It can talk directly to RHN via the SSL-based subscription-manager
repositories.  I'm not doing that anymore because my campus switched to a
RHN Satellite.

Just make sure you've got the right number of licenses.

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 7:19 AM, Alfredo De Luca <alfredo.deluca at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all.
> I 'd like to implement a network YUM repo for Red Hat 5 and 6 cause.
> Basically all our RH server will be refer to a YUM repo server in our
> infrastructure to install/update etc packages. That server will be the
> only one connected to internet.
> Now I don't have problem with settings a repo on a server but not sure
> how to keep the releases 5 and 6 in sync between  Red Hat and my
> server over internet.
> Any clue?
>

> --
> Alfredo
>
> --

Jonathan Billings <jsbillin at umich.edu>
College of Engineering - CAEN - Unix and Linux Support