Why RedHat doesnt support Higher Versions of Subversion

Kamthan, Versha (GE Capital, Consultant) Versha.Kamthan at ge.com
Tue Mar 17 02:55:03 UTC 2015

Hi Team,

I would like to know some information regarding the support of Subversion1.7 or Subversion1.8 over RHEL6
I understand that I can download the rpm package from other vendors (WANDisco, RepoForge etc) and install it over RHEL6, but I need some information
As in "Why RedHat is not providing support for  Subversion1.7 onwards."

I couldn't find the reason behind this over internet , therefore can someone please let me know why RedHat does not provide support for Subversion1.7 and 1.8 over RHEL6.

Any information will be helpful.

Thanks,
Versha