Why RedHat doesnt support Higher Versions of Subversion

Kamthan, Versha (GE Capital, Consultant) Versha.Kamthan at ge.com
Tue Mar 17 04:51:37 UTC 2015

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your email, it helped me understand the picture .

Brief context from our side:
We are basically using RHEL6 for our build infrastructure, and as a part of Vulnerability management we found  that Subversion1.6 is no longer supported by Apache and we need to upgrade it to a higher version like 1.7 or 1.8 .
That is why I was looking forward for some authentic information to proceed with a proper reason in this area.

Also, do you have any idea when Redhat  is going to have a higher version of apache Subversion in near future? ☺

Thanks,
Versha