[rest-practices] rest-practices purpose

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Tue Apr 27 20:06:17 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-04-23 at 10:32 -0400, Perry Myers wrote:

> For cloud related efforts, we want to make sure that all of our usages of
> REST are consistent wrt style/best practices.  Ideally, it would be best
> if all Red Hat REST usage is on the same page.  But barring that, the
> cloud usage should at least be consistent.
>
> So bburke's REST pages are certainly a good starting poing wrt
> style/usage.  But Mark M. will also be maintaining a separate wiki page
> (he'll provide the link) that is specific to cloud usage of REST.
> Hopefully it won't duplicate all of the good work that bburke has done,
> but instead will just point out style differences between his pages and
> what cloud folks agree on.
>
> It will be expected that all cloud developers will conform to the style as
> agreed upon in Mark's wiki page.

Okay, I've taken a very rough first cut at this:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Cloud_APIs_REST_Style_Guide

Please feel free to edit or discuss here. Everything is still open for
discussion. Please do try and keep topics in separate threads so that we
can easily reference the discussion from the wiki.

Yes, I've posted to fedoraproject.org/wiki. I didn't want to use
bburke's jboss.org page since it may end up being a cloud org specific
style guide. I considered using et.redhat.com/wiki but I figure even
less people on this list has an account there than fedora.

AFAIR, all you need to do to edit the fedora wiki is create an account
and agree to the CLA (or join the cla_redhat group). See here:

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Account_System/NewAccount

Thanks,
Mark.