Re: [rest-practices] Modelling membership

Bob McWhirter wrote:
So, by not having it toplevel, what we're thinking is equivalent to:

 POST /users/1234/memberships

 <membership>
   <group id="4321"/>
 </membership>

Generally speaking, I'd rather see hrefs instead of IDs:

  <group href="${url_to_group}"/>

Not sure I agree that hrefs are better. You end up having to extract the id from the URL somehow, someway, so that you can associate the things within a relational database

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat