Re: [rest-practices] Modelling membership

I guess I see the need for both. I consider an href to be like a C++ pointer to *something. While that thing can certainly (and maybe absolutely should) have some other identifier.

I don't mean to claim that the href is the identifier. It should be opaque, potentially ugly, but easily navigable. ID is just another property, perhaps with uniqueness constraints.

	-Bob