Re: [rest-practices] Modelling membership

On 05/04/2010 05:30 PM, Bob McWhirter wrote:
I guess I see the need for both.  I consider an href to be like a C++
pointer to *something. While that thing can certainly (and maybe
absolutely should) have some other identifier.

I don't mean to claim that the href is the identifier. It should be
opaque, potentially ugly, but easily navigable. ID is just another
property, perhaps with uniqueness constraints.

-Bob

I liked what lutter said earlier, which was give dserializers a way to know that they need to go get the further data. Does the existence of

<element href="foo"/>

give you that?

-- bk