Re: [rest-practices] ID as an attribute [was Re: [deltacloud-devel] Towards declaring the Deltacloud API stable]

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 07:56 -0400, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> > It'd be nice if we avoid letting JSON mapping issues dictate the XML
> > design (and vice versa) ...
> >
> > Is there any way to easily customize the JSON mapping so that these
> > attributes can be serialized like other properties?

> We just moved to jettiso, so I will take a look.

I thought James said you're moving to Jackson?

> I know on our side..
> JSON is the preferred transport.. XML is the subordinate. I assume for
> you guys it is the other way around?

Right, we're defining everything in terms of the XML schema. The JSON
and YAML formats will be defined as generic mappings from the XML.

Cheers,
Mark.