[rest-practices] Relative uris

Sergey Beryozkin sberyozk at redhat.com
Thu May 27 13:54:05 UTC 2010

Hi

you might want adding xml:base attributes then. For example if it were an atom feed containing the relative link URIs then a generic reader may be able to recognize xml:base and properly construct an absolute URI. Json data may indeed contain a base attribute (as opposed to element) too....

You might also want to check how relative URIs with/without xml:base are supported by browsers, ex, in cases where an HTML-based representation is returned. I think I might've heard people saying it depends on the concrete browser implementations.

cheers, Sergey