[rest-practices] Relative uris

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Thu May 27 14:02:04 UTC 2010

Bryan Kearney wrote:
> On 05/27/2010 09:21 AM, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
>> On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 07:47 -0400, Bryan Kearney wrote:
>>> What happens if you do JSON over a message bus? Are you using the same
>>> serialization? That may be an edge case, but I would not want ot have to
>>> manage multiple serialiing layers per transprot.
>>
>> You're marshalling objects over QMF which contain URIs into the REST
>> API?
>
> We just added HornetQ for capturing events, so we will get AMQP "soon".
> We are serializing some objects into JSON there... I am loathe to write
> specialized serializers. Well.. loathe to write any to be honest.

FYI, I'll have a restful interface for hornetq soon if you're
interested.  You'll be able to mix and match from JMS/HornetQ java apis
and have automatic serialization/deserialization so long as a
content-type and JAX-RS provider can be figured out.

I'm still a few weeks away though...

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat