[rhelv6-beta-list] RHEL 6 beta 2 - x86_64 version flaky in KVM virtual machine

Justin Clift justin at salasaga.org
Fri Jul 2 15:34:32 UTC 2010

On 07/02/2010 09:16 AM, Scott Dowdle wrote:
<snip>
> Thanks for the info.  I hadn't tried to hunt it down yet but I was
> having all kinds of crashes with the installer myself...  yes on
> Fedora 13 under KVM... with the x86_64 workstation flavor of RHEL 6
> beta 2.  I asked if it was just me and now I know it isn't.

It's turned out that using the i386 version of RHEL 6 beta 2 in KVM is
also unusable.  Marginally better than the x86_64 version, but still
extremely flaky for some important things. (ie having a network connection)

Uninstalling KVM on my local F13 system, and using VirtualBox instead,
is working decently.  Using the x86_64 version of RHEL 6 beta 2 in a
VirtualBox VM, and so far it's behaving properly, with no crashes nor
flakiness.  (about 2 hours use so far though)

libvirt (git head) has compiled decently, so this looks workable for now.

Guess that I'll try it again under KVM once RHEL 6 beta 3 is out. :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--
Salasaga  -  Open Source eLearning IDE