[rhelv6-beta-list] network errors during kickstart

Kurt Keller kkathag at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 12:19:03 UTC 2010

Hello Nico,

The same webserver is serving a lot of other stuff with no problems. Also
when installing Fedora13 off the same webserver and onto the same machine,
no problems. Parallel installs of RHEL6b2 and F13, the former does have the
problem, the latter not.

The filesystem holding the installation data is a GFS filesystem, serving
lots of other stuff without problems. If the files could not be read, I'd
expect errors in the webserver log, but there are none. The files accessed
actually are all symlinks to real files on the same filesystem (same problem
when accessing the physical files, rather than the symlinks), but again,
doing the exactly same thing for F13 and older versions of RHEL6 cause no
problems, RHEL6b2 does have the problem, for both physical and virtual
installs.

Cheers,

Kurt