[rhelv6-beta-list] Amanda-server?

Jonathan S Billings jsbillin at umich.edu
Wed Jul 7 17:01:39 UTC 2010

On 07/07/2010 12:45 PM, Andy Feldt wrote:
> I was glad to see that the amanda-client (and associated amanda)
> package made it into Beta 2 after not being in Beta 1.  Does
> anyone know if amanda-server will be included in the final
> release?  We run our backup server under RHEL and are hoping
> to avoid maintaining the server software ourselves (but at
> least all our clients are covered now).

In the release notes:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6-Beta/html/Beta_2_Release_Notes/apcs04.html

It says that amanda-server is discontinued, but it doesn't mention what
it was replaced by.  In the 1st beta, it said 'amanda' was discontinued,
and that it was replaced by 'bacula':
http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6-Beta/html/Beta_Release_Notes/apcs04.html
.  I'm not sure what this means in terms of support other than a move
away from using Amanda.

--
Jonathan Billings <jsbillin at umich.edu>
College of Engineering - CAEN - Unix and Linux Support