[rhelv6-beta-list] Can not get a higher resolution in X with no monitor connected.

Steven Mercurio rhce_v3 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 19 18:10:22 UTC 2010

I have a motherboard with a built in IKVM so I do not have a monitor connected.
When there is no xorg.conf file I get a display that is 800x600.  If I try to
change in in a gui it says that I have an "Unknown monitor".  The only display
resolutions I can choose is 800x600 and 640x480.  When I run "Xorg -configure"
as root then try to run "X -config <newly Xorg created xorg.conf file>" I get a
black screen that never does anything.

Can anyone help?  Let me know what information I can submit that will help.

Thx,
Steven M.