[rhelv6-beta-list] Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Beta 2 refresh kernel is now available

Wed Jul 28 15:47:56 UTC 2010

To allow better testing of virtualization, we have provided an
updated kernel package to the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Beta 2
refresh which was made available for download on Jul 21.

The kernel-2.6.32-44.2.el6 package includes a fix for the
following problem:

607650  KVM uses wrong permissions for large guest pages

Problem description: a KVM guest and a RHEL 6 host can reference
the same huge page with different settings and this can cause the
guest to crash or hang.  Guest installation was often affected,
but problems could happen at any time.

Work around: Boot/install the guest with transparent huge pages
off using the kernel command line parameter:
  'transparent_hugepage=never'

Or you can download the kernel-2.6.32-44.2.el6 package from RHN
or FTP and yum update the kernel on the host.

Thank you for your continued support of Red Hat and your interest
in the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Beta.  Your participation is
critical in ensuring that we deliver a high-quality release.

Sincerely,

The Red Hat Enterprise Linux Team