[rhelv6-beta-list] Installing Nvidia graphics drivers?

Justin Clift justin at salasaga.org
Fri Jul 30 15:38:36 UTC 2010

On 07/31/2010 12:38 AM, James Pearson wrote:
> Ned Slider wrote:
>>
>> Nvidia published some hints in the README for their latest driver:
>>
>> ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/256.44/README/commonproblems.html#nouveau
>
> Thanks - that is essentially what I had worked out ...
>
> Good to see that this info is now available with their drivers.

As a thought, my F13 desktop also needed this added to the kernel
command line in grub.conf:

   nouveau.modeset=0

Nouveau was still being loaded otherwise, even though blacklisted in
modprobe.d.  This step isn't mentioned in the nVidia documentation. (!)

Hope that helps. :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--