[rhelv6-beta-list] My first experiences with RHEL6 beta

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Wed Jun 16 12:31:44 UTC 2010

Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch> wrote:
> I can confirm that, coming from a HP/UX background I
> wondered how similar LVM1 felt. That's why I was thinking
> Sistina knew HP/UX LVM very well, at least how it's
> presented to the user.

Yeah, I had a brain fart there, HP/UX, not DEC UNIX/Tru64.

Don't know why some people just ignore what LVM does, like allow
people to exchange out disks/storage without having to take the
system down.  Never said it is the end-all-be-all, but it does
give you full control over your physical allocations, especially
in the LVM2/DM flavor.

I guess we just need the documentation to enlighten people then?  ;)

--
Bryan J  Smith             Professional, Technical Annoyance
Linked Profile:           http://www.linkedin.com/in/bjsmith