[rhelv6-beta-list] Missing or removed package - Exim

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 23:20:31 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Ben <bda20 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jun 2010, Mark Chappell wrote:
>
>> On 30 June 2010 19:19, Eugene Tay <etay at redhat.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Is Exim going to make it into RHEL6 or is it missing by accident? I don't
>>> see it being one of the deprecated packages in the release notes.
>>
>> The suggestion was that this was deliberate, apparently both exim and
>> cyrus are "dead" (personally I disagree) and everyone should be using
>> postfix/dovecot.  Several people muttered on this list, and I've heard
>> mutterings elsewhere, EPEL will no doubt pick up the flag if this decision
>> is upheld.
>
> Speaking from very close to the 'home' of exim it's certainly not dead! It's
> not even resting!  I have no idea why it would be missing (if it is).

People use the word dead for a lot of things. I think in this case,
the discussion of Red Hat supporting exim versus the other  mail
agents is 'dead' versus considering the package dead.

Dead discussions sometimes revive themselves at later release dates as
has been seen before. I have no idea about htis one.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.