[rhelv6-list] rebuilt package not showing selected for update

Collins, Kevin [BEELINE] KCollins at chevron.com
Fri Dec 10 19:01:21 UTC 2010

Ok, but then why is the rpmdev-vercmp saying that my rebuilt package is
newer? Yet it is still not being treated as newer by yum...

I did the rebuild again, this time changing the "el6" to "el6.custom"
and now check-update sees the rebuilt package as newer and available for
update.

My concern is that when Redhat releases "el6_1", my version might still
be considered newer. Any idea how the "release" is compared?

Thanks,

Kevin