[rhelv6-list] selinux (not quite) disabled?

Greg_Swift at aotx.uscourts.gov Greg_Swift at aotx.uscourts.gov
Fri Dec 3 14:16:13 UTC 2010

i'm not saying I've succeeded in convincing people to let me run SELinux in
enforcing anywhere, but think about the argument you just made:

"I've got it [SELinux] enabled on my desktop and laptops", which while
useful, aren't as ready of targets for hackers (we are talking Linux not
Windows)..  Desk/laptop environments are also more broad and varied in
software that is run and the potential that you will run into SELinux
issues (such as jch's dropbox issue).

"on my servers though...[i have it disabled]..." However most servers are
ready targets, with ports open and attractive to someone trying to break
in.  Servers tend to have a stable software configuration and use cases,
leading to SELinux being easier to maintain in the long run since behavior
patterns aren't as likely to change constantly.  Yes, easier by comparison,
and not saying its "easy".

-greg