[rhelv6-list] selinux (not quite) disabled?

Andy Feldt feldt at nhn.ou.edu
Fri Dec 3 15:17:41 UTC 2010

It is maybe a bit difficult to get started, but it is doable on
a server as well.  I am beginning a transition from Solaris 10
to RHEL6 for our main server and have found that it just takes
dealing with each new issue once.  Your best friend is the
sealert -a command applied to the audit log.  I have (so far)
only had to make one local SELinux policy and had to make use
of chcon in a few other situations.

Admittedly, this is much easier because I am able to start
from scratch with a system that will not be deployed until
I am happy with it.  But, I think that having SELinux running
will be a considerable asset.

Andy