[rhelv6-list] Problems with authconfig

Prentice Bisbal prentice at ias.edu
Fri Dec 3 20:28:21 UTC 2010

I'm still testing with Beta 6, so please forgive me if this problem has
been fixed in 6. I searched bugzilla and couldn't find it list there.

I'm trying to setup my LDAP authentication with SSSD in kickstart. Since
kickstart just calls authconfig with the correct options, I figured I'd
use the output of 'authconfig --help' to see what options I needed to do
this, which shows this option:

$ authconfig --help | grep cert
  --ldaploadcacert=<URL>
                        load CA certificate from the URL

However, this doesn't work:

authconfig --update --ldaploadcert="/url/to/cert" ...

Usage: authconfig [options]
{--update|--updateall|--test|--probe|--restorebackup <name>|--savebackup
<name>|--restorelastbackup}

authconfig: error: no such option: --ldaploadcert

The man page doesn't document the --ldaploadcert.

So there are two things wrong:

1. The output of 'authconfig --help' is wrong

2. There should be a way to setup LDAP authentication without resorting
to scripting it yourself in kickstart. (IMHO)

--
Prentice