[rhelv6-list] disable shadow in kickstart?

Collins, Kevin [BEELINE] KCollins at chevron.com
Fri Dec 3 23:19:55 UTC 2010

I have just confirmed that with no --enableshadow or --useshadow in my
kickstart file, I am still ending up with a shadow-enabled system. There
is no option listed to disable shadow, and the Installation Guide says
"By default, passwords are normally encrypted and are not shadowed."  Of
course, this is about the 3rd or 4th item in the manual I have found to
be completely wrong...

Any ideas? I can always turn it off after kickstart, but would rather
prevent it to begin with.

Thanks,

Kevin