[rhelv6-list] ELRepo support for RHEL6

Phil Perry phil at elrepo.org
Sun Dec 5 17:19:25 UTC 2010

Dear List,

The ELRepo Project would like to announce support for RHEL6.

http://elrepo.org

The ELRepo Project is a 3rd party repository providing updated device
drivers for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), versions 5 and 6. ELRepo
uses Red Hat's Driver Update Programme to facilitate the packaging of
updated drivers (kernel modules) in the form of kABI-compatible kmod
packages. The main advantage of this technique is that updated drivers
will function seamlessly across kernel updates where kABI-compatibility
is retained, thus drivers do not need to be recompiled against each new
kernel update.

ELRepo currently has a number of kmod packages available for RHEL6,
including DRBD, ndiswrapper, NVIDIA graphics drivers and a number of
updated vendor NIC drivers from Intel and Realtek. We are currently
working on porting more packages from our EL5 tree.

The ELRepo Project would welcome feedback from RHEL users, either on our
bug reporting site or our mailing lists:

http://elrepo.org/bugs