[rhelv6-list] ext4 /boot

Collins, Kevin [BEELINE] KCollins at chevron.com
Mon Dec 6 21:09:38 UTC 2010

According to the Migration Planning Guide for RHEL6:

The included version of the GRUB bootloader provides full support for
ext4 partitions. The installer also allows you to place any /boot file
system on an ext4 partition.

Can anyone confirm this? My testing has proved otherwise... I specify
everything except /boot as ext4 in my kickstart config file with no
problems, but as soon as I make /boot ext4 I get a grub error at stage
1.5.

I'm using an HP BL460 blade as my test server, with a cciss raid card...

Thanks,

Kevin