[rhelv6-list] Northbridge Error and K8 ECC error

William T. Trotter trotter at math.gatech.edu
Wed Dec 8 12:18:06 UTC 2010

I've just joined this email group, so apologies
if this question has been asked and answered.

When I was running Rhel 6 beta, I was getting
Northbridge errors and K8 ECC errors ... and was
under the impression that these issues had been
corrected in the final release.  But I'm still
getting them.  Apended below are the console messages
that come up in a terminal window where root is running:

Message from syslogd at trotteroffice5 at Dec  8 07:12:41 ...
 kernel: Northbridge Error, node 1, core: 0

Message from syslogd at trotteroffice5 at Dec  8 07:12:41 ...
 kernel:K8 ECC error.

I am pretty sure my hardware is ok.  Any pointers would
be appreciated.  Also, if I've done a bad thing and
revisited an old topic, I'll take my public lashing.

Tom Trotter

For what it's worth, this is RHEL 6.0 workstation,
fully patched and updated.
--
William T. Trotter