[rhelv6-list] getent weirdness (was: nscd weirdness)

Collins, Kevin [BEELINE] KCollins at chevron.com
Thu Dec 9 22:28:30 UTC 2010

Did you miss the part where I said this impacts root?

And regardless of why I want (or don't want) to do this, it should be my
choice. I may have scripts that process the output of getent to check
for expired users, etc that rely on getting the password hash. In NIS or
a non-shadow environment, this is the case anyway.

We primarily use SSO with kerberos (from AD), so our password hashes do
not contain a password in (our) LDAP (not AD)... but they do contain
strings that are used to denote the state of the user.

Kevin