[rhelv6-list] Options for shared storage

Greg_Swift at aotx.uscourts.gov Greg_Swift at aotx.uscourts.gov
Wed Nov 24 20:01:38 UTC 2010

rhelv6-list-bounces at redhat.com wrote on 11/24/2010 10:43:49 AM:

>   What could be the simpliest solution for shared FC storage in RHEL6
> virtualization? LUN for each virtual machine would create too much
> LUNs. Plus 6 paths to each LUN and we have huge mess of device files.

This is how we do things with out Xen environment.  For the most part its
actually not that bad.  We only present the LVM inside the virtuals, and
make sure they use system specific naming as to prevent problems if we ever
present them externally on one of our "admin" systems.  We don't use
friendly names in our multipath, which gives us good uniqueness (all be it
long) device names.

I've got nothing to add to jf's response regarding the LVM side.

-greg