[rhelv6-list] Recent changes to RPMforge (fwd)

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Nov 18 23:18:25 UTC 2010

Hi,

I wanted to let everyone know that with the release of RHEL6 we changed a
few things with regards to RPMforge. The most important aspect is that by
default RPMforge will _not_ replace base packages.

All newer packages in RPMforge that update base package (eg. subversion)
are now stored in the rpmforge-extras repository, which is disabled by
default.

This change is effective immediately and affects RHEL2, RHEL3, RHEL4,
RHEL5 and RHEL6 repositories.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them on one of our
mailinglists. Announcement below...