[rhelv6-list] Serial login tty on a RHEL6 Xen domU?

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Sat Nov 20 12:08:55 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've installed a RHEL6 Xen domU using virt-install. It defaulted to the
graphical install. Now I'd like to have "xm console" fully working from
the RHEL5 dom0 where it's installed.

Adding console=xvc0 to the kernel grub line at least gets all of the
kernel boot messages to appear fine. But not the system boot messages.
And inside the RHEL6 domU there is no /dev/xvc0 created, and all my
attempts to get it working failed miserably (the manually created node
doesn't work, I see no obvious related module not being loaded, etc.).

Does anyone know if it's possible to get everything set up so that I can
log into the RHEL6 domU from the RHEL5 dom0 after a simple "xm console"?

Matthias