[rhelv6-list] Install on Hyper-V R2

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Mon Nov 22 14:21:54 UTC 2010

On 23/11/2010, at 12:13 AM, Marco Shaw wrote:
> Has anyone tried the RHEL6 final release on Hyper-V R2 (Windows Server 2008 R2)?
>
> I'm trying to load it from a local ISO.  The VM boots fine, starts up,
> gets past the "do you want to verify the media" screen (which ran OK),
> then returns:
> "Error
> The Red Hat Enterprise Linux disk
> was not found in any of your drives.
> Please insert the Red Hat Enterprise
> Linux disc and press OK to retry.
> OK"
>
> I'd expect this to run without the need for any special drivers...

Hi Marco,

Sounds like you're being caught out by the (virtual) cd being ejected automatically
after the media test.

I'm not personally familiar with Hyper-V, but there should be a way to "re-insert" the
ISO image media back into the drive (after the media check), at which point it should
(in theory) find it.

Does that help? :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift