[rhelv6-list] Options for shared storage

Mindaugas Riauba ml at kilimas.com
Wed Nov 24 16:43:49 UTC 2010

  Hello,

  What could be the simpliest solution for shared FC storage in RHEL6
virtualization? LUN for each virtual machine would create too much
LUNs. Plus 6 paths to each LUN and we have huge mess of device files.

  In RHEL5 I used VG on LUN and created logical volume for each
virtual machine. Everything worked fine. One just had to make sure not
to perform any operations with LVM metadata (creation of LVs, creation
of snapshots, expanding LVs) from several physical hosts at the same
time.

  Would it work in RHEL6/KVM by creating LVM based pool on one host
and importing it to the storage pools of other hosts?

  Mindaugas