Re: [rhelv6-list] Adding ethtool options to ifcfg-ethX

On 04/04/2011 08:02 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
carlopmart (carlopmart gmail com) said:
  I need to add some ethtool options to a specific interface. I see
in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-eth file that I could do it
using ETHTOOL_OPTS variable under ifcfg-ethX config file. But I only
see to pass ethtool options with "-s" flag and I need to pass "-G"
options like:

"ethtool -G eth1 rx 1024 tx 1024".

  Is it possible to do with ifcfg-ethX config file or do I need to
put ethtool command under rc.local??

It is not currently possible with ifcfg-ethX... you can do it in
a udev rule, or rc.local, or your own custom init script. A udev
rule would be my preference, as that's conceptually the right place
for it (ties it to the device, etc.)

Bill

Thanks Bill. Where can I find some sample to do this under RHEL6??

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com