Re: [rhelv6-list] Fwd: Redhat 6 installation failures common [SOLVED]

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 1:00 PM, Paolo Campegiani <paolo campegiani gmail com> wrote:
> # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=8192
> # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb bs=8192

Isn't 8192 a small value for a block write operation?

Yes it probably is.  I did some tests years ago to find an optimal
blocksize but didn't remember where it was fastest.  It is however
faster than the default of I believe 1K.

--Donald