Re: [rhelv6-list] yum fastest mirror package

On 04/20/2011 02:15 AM, Greg Cockburn wrote:

On 04/20/2011 02:02 AM, Greg Cockburn wrote:

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the yum fastestmirror plugin is available in RHEL6?

[wolfy wolfy2 ~]$ rpm -qa yum\*fast\*
yum-plugin-fastestmirror-1.1.26-11.el6.noarch

Where is that package?  I can’t find it on the RHEL6.0 media.

I am not sure about the media, but ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/6ComputeNode/en/os/SRPMS/yum-utils-1.1.26-11.el6.src.rpm generates it. Snip from the spec:

%package -n yum-plugin-fastestmirror
Group: System Environment/Base
Provides: yum-fastestmirror = %{version}-%{release}
Obsoletes: yum-fastestmirror < 1.1.20-0
Conflicts: yum-fastestmirror < 1.1.20-0
Requires: yum >= 3.0
[...]

# Plugins to install
plugins="\
 changelog \
 fastestmirror \
 protectbase \
[...]

I'd check the optional channels .

Right on the money.  Thanks.

NOTICE

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright material of Macquarie Group Limited or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Group Limited does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie Group Limited.