[rhelv6-list] KDE greater than 4.3.4

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Thu Aug 11 20:15:01 UTC 2011

On Thursday, August 11, 2011 03:00:18 PM robinprice at gmail.com wrote:
> RHEL6 is still in it's early stages.  I have seen other packages
> rebase to upstream version (firefox) before in a RHEL release.  While
> I don't have the answer as to there being a repo to house the updated
> packages for RHEL6, it wouldn't heard to open a BZ asking to have it
> rebased to the latest.

Thanks for the reply, and for the online community discussion link.

I've been a KDE user since Mandrake 5.3/RHL 6.0 days, and have a huge amount of e-mail and other information in Kontact that would be rather difficult to migrate to something else (~10GB or so in a few hundred folders).

Never really have been a fan of GNOME, even when testing.  Seemed too oversimplified for my tastes.  And evolution is just as limiting as Outlook for the way I use e-mail, and for the productivity I currently have in kmail and the other kontact applications.  But I understand that I'm not the typical user.

I'll work up a BZ, and probably file it against kdebase, tomorrow or early next week.  Too tired right now.