[rhelv6-list] 10GbE devices under RHEL 5/6

Krzysztof Mazurek kmazurek at neotek.waw.pl
Wed Aug 31 15:21:41 UTC 2011

Hi :)

I looking at the 10Gbit Ethernet Adapters for "IBM Blades". I noticed the
Emulex 10GbE Virtual Fabric Adapter II Advanced - a new addition to the
offer.
Does any one know, heaving such a card in the system (assuming it has a FCoE
support) will I be seen as both - a FC card and Ethernet  (1Gbit/s)  ?

I'm aware of limitations of blade servers and I want to use 10GbE pass thru
from chassis to FCoE enabled 10GbE independent switch in RACK.
What I don't want is next addon cards and switcher for ethernet (TCP/IP)
communications ...

We plan to implement quite a large EnterprsieDB database instance on that
machines ;)

Krzysztof