[rhelv6-list] KDE greater than 4.3.4

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Thu Aug 11 15:18:26 UTC 2011

Ok, does anyone know of a repository or rebuild effort that has KDE packages for something more modern than 4.3.4?  I've looked at kde-redhat, but the packages there are pretty old for EL, and none that I could see on apt.kde-redhat.org for EL6.

I really prefer KDE to GNOME, but going from my Fedora 14 desktop to an RHEL 6.1 desktop with KDE is somewhat painful (my RHEL 6.1 box, while more of a server, is also running desktop stuff).  (And I'm well aware that using such would be completely unsupported.....)

And while KDE 4.3.4 was a good, stable, solid release, I have grown rather accustomed to 4.6.x on F14....