[rhelv6-list] KDE greater than 4.3.4

robinprice at gmail.com robinprice at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 19:00:18 UTC 2011

Lamar,

RHEL6 is still in it's early stages.  I have seen other packages
rebase to upstream version (firefox) before in a RHEL release.  While
I don't have the answer as to there being a repo to house the updated
packages for RHEL6, it wouldn't heard to open a BZ asking to have it
rebased to the latest.  Any justifications to the rebase would greatly
help with the engineering decision on this as well.  If the
justification is for an over all better desktop experience or
functionality that is missing in the KDE RHEL community, it would help
in the bugzilla.

I would also like to invite you the RHEL community at:
https://access.redhat.com/groups/red-hat-enterprise-linux

It would be great to take this discussion there also and get other
peoples opinions who are active in our Customer Support Portal and may
not be on this list.  There are a lot of Red Hat employee and
engineers checking their daily.

And if it makes you feel any better, I use RHEL6.1 on my laptop has a
workstation but it's registered as a RHEL6 server ;)  Works great!
And I love the version of GNOME that is shipped with it.

Hope this helps!

~rp