[rhelv6-list] Question about fence device network?

Kitae Kim bluetux at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 02:30:55 UTC 2011

Hello,

I try to build Redhat H/A system, following Cluster Administration guide.

My Question is about fencing network. (ex, HP iLo)

Some Engineer said fencing network, should use gigabit switch.
I think more effective system fencing network  should separated from service netwrok.

Fencing network is very import for stable service and control H/A system, but
I think 100Mb/s is enough speed for fencing network, isn't it?
or should I use 1 Gigabit network?

Thanks