[rhelv6-list] Tool to automate creation of install CDs.

Paul Krizak paul.krizak at amd.com
Wed Aug 31 00:16:54 UTC 2011

The RHEL distro comes with a boot.iso that is a minimal environment that
will get you into kickstart.  If this is insufficient you can unpack the
ISO and put whatever you want into it, rebuild the ISO and there you go.

I'm assuming of course that the reason you want to do something like
this is to include extra software so that during %pre install you can do
things like partition your disks or query a DB or something?  Though
when we need to do this, we simply put the tools we need on an NFS
filesystem and mount it from %pre and fetch the tools from there.  That
way there's no need to rebuild ISOs and stuff.

Remember that during %post install you've already got a fully installed
system at /mnt/local, so just make sure whatever packages you need get
installed during %packages phase.

Paul Krizak                         7171 Southwest Pkwy MS B200.3A
MTS Systems Engineer                Austin, TX  78735
Advanced Micro Devices              Desk:  (512) 602-8775
Linux/Unix Systems Engineering      Cell:  (512) 791-0686
Global IT Infrastructure            Fax:   (512) 602-0468