[rhelv6-list] RHEL6 Wireless problem

Robin Price II rprice at redhat.com
Tue Dec 6 18:56:33 UTC 2011

On 12/04/2011 08:56 AM, 馬小布 wrote:
> [root at genius ~]# /etc/init.d/network restart
> Shutting down interface eth0:  Device state: 3 (disconnected)
>                                                             [  OK  ]
> Shutting down interface wlan0:  Error: Device 'wlan0'
> (/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/1) disconnecting failed: This
> device is not active
>                                                             [FAILED]
> Shutting down loopback interface:                          [  OK  ]
> Bringing up loopback interface:                            [  OK  ]
> Bringing up interface eth0:  Active connection state: activating
> Active connection path: /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/3
> state: activated
> Connection activated
>                                                             [  OK  ]
> Bringing up interface wlan0:  RTNETLINK answers: File exists
>                                                             [  OK

Now that I think about it.  Since you are using the network init script
vs NetworkManager, have you gone through your networking scripts and
removed "NM_CONTROLLED=yes", stopped NetworkManager, and then started
network?

example:
vim /etc/sysconfig/network-script/ifcfg-eth*
Remove "NM_CONTROLLED=yes" line from every script in order to be able
for the network daemon to control it.

# service NetworkManager stop
# chkconfig NetworkManager off
# service network start
# chkconfig network on

Also, would want to enable the device with 'ifconfig wlan0 up', but here
are some kbases that talk about the 'RTNETLINK answers: File exists' error.

https://access.redhat.com/kb/docs/DOC-48573
https://access.redhat.com/kb/docs/DOC-50709

HTHs,

~rp

--
| Robin Price II - RHCE,RHCDS,RHCVA                   |